Applications must be received no later than Sunday, March 31, 2019.
1. Audition Recordings: Acceptance to the seminar for Participants and Associates is by a recorded audition. Interested applicants should upload audio, or video recordings to YouTube. Recordings may NOT be edited within each selection. You may upload your selections to a single video, or to multiple videos. Don't forget to provide link/s to your recording/s with your application form. General repertoire requirements for your recording is listed below.
* Live Audition: Interested applicants may now schedule an in-person audition (in Cleveland). Please indicate that you wish to participate in a live audition on your application form and we will contact you to schedule your audition. Applicants auditioning in person must submit their application form and fee prior to their audition. Repertoire for your audition is listed below.
Repertoire selections for your YouTube uploads, or for a live audition:
1 solo piece, or a movement of a solo piece (accompaniment NOT required)
1 contrasting etude, or a contrasting movement of a solo piece (accompaniment NOT required).
2 orchestral excerpts in contrasting styles (applicants who are only interested in Associate spots need not submit orchestral excerpts).
2. Application Form: Please click on this link to fill out your application form https://goo.gl/forms/6KBBm3cdlGUWACtb2
3. Application Fee: Application fees count toward tuition costs, but are otherwise non-refundable. $50 application fee can be paid online with a credit card (Click here to pay your application fee online), or by mail with a personal check or money order (payable to "Cleveland Trombone Seminar"). Mailing address for checks/money-orders: Attn. Cleveland Trombone Seminar | Cleveland State University | Department of Music MU 330 | 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2214.
4. Recommendation Letter: One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher or a professional musician who can speak to applicant's level of playing and commitment. Letters should be submitted directly by recommending person to email@example.com. Returning participants/associates need NOT submit a recommendation letter.
All applicants will be notified by April 10 of their acceptance to the seminar. Accepted applicants must register by May 1st, 2019 to hold their spot. Registration details and forms will be sent to accepted applicants. Please note, Auditors need not apply in advance, but do need to contact us (here) to register prior to auditing CTS.
Tuition for Participants is $730 and for Associates $480 (room and board not included in tuition costs), payable upon registration. Partial tuition scholarships are awarded based on merit and need. To learn more about our scholarship program, please contact our staff via our contact page.
Rooms are available at CSU's Fenn Tower and are reserved for seminar's participants at a modest rate. $30/night in Double Occupancy rooms, or $45/night in Quad rooms (2 beds/2 Bedrooms/2 Baths/Kitchenette). Living on-campus is NOT required during the seminar, but we recommend it. Please click here for housing floor plans. Meals are not included.